YOUR Quantity & Quality Injection Molding
J&L builds tooling based on the part quantity and quality requirements of your project. Production is a relative term at J&L. It can mean 200 parts per year, 20,000 parts per year or 200,000 parts per year. Regardless of Production Quantity our focus is to meet your quality requirements. Based on your specifications we select the proper framing system and tool steel to meet the demands of your specified type and grade of polymer, part design, tool life expectation and demand quantity.
J&L is an ISO 13485:2016 certified moldmaker and injection molder with vast experience in medical device and other industries. We specialize in processing highly engineered materials with high performing mechanical and thermal properties. We produce parts that perform in demanding conditions and harsh environments.
The common thread running through a J&L tooling and molding project is meeting our customers’ quality demands with on-time delivery of required parts.
How We Do It
First, we ask questions to learn short-term needs and the long-term goals of the project. We review the Part Design, Material Selection and Lead Time Requirements. Based on our findings we develop a quote using J&L’s resources.
What type of Framing System – Based on the specifications of the project J&L will choose the proper Frame System:
- Master Unit Die (MUD) Frame System allowing the Customers to only purchase the insert mold (cavity). It is not necessary to purchase an entire standard mold frame. Saves time and money.
- Prototype Plus Frame System developed by J&L Plastic Molding using S-7 steel cavity blocks to fit a standard frame. This standardized system saves time and money with the advantage of meeting production capacity.
- DME-Style Production Mold Base: Conventional mold base and cavity blocks.
Does J&L build steel or aluminum tools? – J&L builds steel tools based on these factors:
- Hardness: The hardness of steel is required for parts with complex geometry, thin walls and tolerance concerns.
- Molding Pressures: Steel tools hold up to the pressure of the molding process. Steel tools have less risk of developing quality issues such as Flash.
- Longer Tool Life: Steel tools have longer tool life and provide savings on maintenance and replacement costs.
- High Heat Materials: Steel tools are necessary to process high heat materials such as ULTEM and PEEK.
- Abrasive Materials: Steel tools hold up when processing abrasive materials with glass filler and other additives.
J&L has complete Tooling capabilities in our facility. We build and maintain Tools.
Designing and building the proper tool is the just the beginning of the relationship with J&L.
We operate in two buildings in Wallingford, Connecticut with 28 injection molding machines ranging from 28 to 385 tons of clamp force, and shot sizes from .6 to 24 ounces. We are proficient at production injection molding, prototype molding and insert molding. We process the full range of performance materials from commodity grades to engineering thermoplastic resins.
Capabilities supporting our Injection Molding Operation
- Machining: J&L can machine part features as a post-molding operation. We can also machine Plastic, Stainless Steel, Aluminum and Brass parts.
- Ultrasonic Welding: The application of high-frequency vibrations to two parts by a vibrating tool, known as a “horn.” Welding occurs as the result of heat generated at the interface between the parts or surfaces. It’s fast and efficient.
- Pad Printing / Plastics Decorating: Pad printing is an offset process. An engraved plate is coated with ink, then squeegeed, leaving wet ink on the plate in the engraved pattern. A silicone pad is pressed onto the plate and rises with the inked image. The inked pad descends onto the plastic component and imprints the image. Because the pad is pliable, it can form around irregular surfaces.
J&L Plastic Molding’s management system has been certified to ISO 13485:2016 standard.
J&L’s customer service is based on supporting our Customers’ plastic injection molding needs by being on-time with the Quality required. We are set up to service your business with ERP and Manufacturing Software. We utilize the Shoptech Software System – E2 to seamlessly perform the following tasks:
- Process Purchase Orders
- Schedule Orders
- Retain vital information
- Maintain Quality Control
- Streamline Shipping & Invoicing
As a result, J&L will is a low maintenance Supplier. Low on problems, high on solutions.
Where We Came From
J&L Plastic Molding was founded in 1972 as a prototype tooling and injection molding company. Today, with decades of experience behind us, J&L has grown to service the development and production needs of FORTUNE 500 original equipment manufacturers, start-up medical device manufacturers and companies in diverse industries.